PANDAS Chairman Club Member Updates June 2019
Dear PANDAS Member,
The next PANDAS club meeting is on Tuesday 2nd July 2019 (Agenda).
At this meeting after the normal meeting agenda, we will be having a foam cutting demonstration.
I hope the club website is proving a useful source of information for club matters, with details of upcoming events and any other news.
Below are details of the latest news and events:
- We had another excellent club night at the June meeting with a talk and presentation from Adrian Appleyard about commercial drone operation and camera work utilising model aircraft. Thank you to Adrian. We have other events planned for the meetings later in the year. At the July meeting there will be a foam cutting demonstration and a club bring and buy evening in October.
- At the August club meeting, I want to discuss the club long term policy for the grass cutting (possible options – stay as we are with Bill cutting the grass, pay commercial contractors or buy a new mower and store it off site and members cut it). I also want to discuss possible changes to the PANDAS subscription categories / rates and potential members to stand for the 2020 committee (some of the current committee will not be standing next year and it will be only 3 months to the AGM). I do not want to leave this until the AGM night.
- Up to 26th June, 146 members have joined PANDAS for 2019.
- I had to cancel the ‘Chairman’s Fun Fly Day’ on Saturday 8th June, due to the atrocious weather. I do hope to reschedule it, for later in the year.
- The club have been asked to support the ‘Wakefield Armed Forces’day to be held on Saturday 6th July in Pontefract Park. They are hoping to have a fly past by a full-size Spitfire this year which I am sure will attract some attention. I am looking for members to support this event with a static display and subject to securing a safe flying area, a flying display too, by the clubs more experienced flyers. Please let me know if you can help on the day.
- BMFA Northern Area Fly-In Sunday 14th July 2019. This event is being hosted at the PANDAS flying site and organised by the BMFA Northern area committee. Several of the BMFA Northern area committee including the chairman and achievement scheme coordinator will be present. If you have any questions about the BMFA Northern area and what they do, please come along and I am sure the committee members will be more than happy to have chat. I hope PANDAS members do try to support this event. Check the BMFA Northern website for full details (link below):
- Monday 1st July 2019 (Horse Race Meeting), Saturday 6th July 2019 (Armed Forces Day) and Tuesday 9th July 2019 (Horse Race Meeting), are the next ‘No Flying Days’. The other ‘No Fly Days’are on the club website.
If anyone has any problems or other matters, they wish to raise, please feel free to phone or email me and I will do my best to resolve them.
Mobile: 07802 725 231