PANDAS Chairman Club Member Updates May 2019
The club website will continue to be the main source of information for club matters, with details of upcoming events and any other news. Below are details of the latest news and events:
- We have held 2 excellent club nights at the April and May 2019 meetings, with the ‘Bring a Model Night’, and the turbine talk/demonstration. Thank you to Jim Brown and Terry Lee for putting these together. We have other events planned for the meetings later in the year.
- Up to 11th May 2019, 138 members have joined PANDAS for 2019.
- It is the ‘Electric Fly In and Retro Day’ this weekend (18th & 19th May). Please make an effort to come along to help out and support these events.
- We have the ‘Chairman’s Fun Fly Day’ on Saturday 8th June. I hope members can come along and enjoy the day.
- The club have been asked to support the ‘Wakefield Armed Forces’ day to be held on Saturday 6th July in Pontefract Park. They are hoping to have a fly past by a full size Spitfire this year which I am sure will attract some attention. I looking for members to support this event with a static display and subject to securing a safe flying area a flying display too by the clubs more experienced flyers. Please let me know if you can help on the day.
- CAA Proposed Drone Legislation & Registration. In my role as BMFA Northern Area delegate and BMFA director, I attended a BMFA Full Council meeting in Leicester on Saturday 11th May 2019. The BMFA Chief Executive Dave Phipps has been invited to a meeting with the The Aviation Minister – Baroness Vere of Norbiton. However no date is yet set for the meeting and there is little further to report. Please continue to write to your MP, CAA and anyone else you think can help, to object to the proposed ludicrous scheme, which will do nothing to combat the conduct of illegal flyers.
Saturday 24th May 2019, is the next ‘No Flying Day’ in 2019. The other ‘No Fly Days’ are on the club website.
If anyone has any problems or other matters, they wish to raise, please feel free to phone or email me and I will do my best to resolve them.
Mobile: 07802 725 231