PANDAS Field Re-Open Monday 29th March 2021
The government Coronavirus lockdown rules / guidelines are changing again on Monday 29th March 2021.
Most outdoor sports grounds and facilities (which includes model aircraft flying sites) can reopen from Monday 29th March 2021.
From what I can see, we can legally re-open the field for members to fly from Monday 29th March 2021.
It is up to members to decide for themselves, based on their own health and family circumstances, whether they choose to return and fly at the field.
If members do decide to return to the field, they must follow the rules / guidelines as listed below, including using the track & trace calendar system.
Please remember the PANDAS flying field rules have changed and we are now flying under the provisions of Article 16 (links below). It is up to all members to make sure they are familiar with the rules and new legislation.
If you want to use your BMFA achievement scheme qualification that you obtained prior to 31/12/2020, as proof of competency under Article 16, it is your responsibility to make sure that you have acknowledged on the BMFA membership portal, that you have read and understood Article 16.
If you have not done this, you cannot use your BMFA achievement qualification as proof of competency and must have some other proof of competency.
Any member not having proof of competency, will be flying unlawfully and risks invalidating their 3rd party insurance cover.
Make sure your CAA Operator Number is current and displayed on your aircraft where applicable.
If anyone has any questions or needs to clarify anything, please feel free to call or email me.
Mobile: 07802 725 231
PANDAS Covid Secure Flying Field Rules
- Restrict flying to 4 members on the flight line at one time (all at least 2 metres apart).
- Members can indicate up to 14 days in advance what date and time they are intending to visit the field (you can do it the day before you intend going, it does not mean you have to best guess when you’re going in the next 14 days) . This can be done by utilising the PANDAS WhatsApp Group, text message (07802 725 231) or email email@example.com Please supply your full name, date you’re going, together with the times you are planning to arrive and leave the field. You can also use the PANDAS field visit online form (link below). I will then update the club Google calendar (link below) 2 or 3 times a day and members will be able to see who is going to the field and when. I am not going to be sat glued to a computer all day and it could take a few hours before your planned visit appears on the calendar. A day or two’s notice would be helpful. This information will only be used for any official track and trace enquires. The calendar entries will be deleted 21 days after the date of the visit.
- Members are asked to check the BMFA membership portal and make sure their contact details are up to date (full name, phone number, email address and home address). To assist with compliance for data protection requirements, the club use the portal to keep member details.
- As well as the normal flight line flags, place the two Covid 2 metre social distance warning signs on the metal pins, in the ‘Keep Clear’ areas by the 2 field access bridges.
- Always maintain social distancing (minimum 2 metres, 3 is better).
- If more than 6 members are at the flying site, keep in separate groups of 6 or less, but with any groups, a good distance apart (4 metres minimum would be best).
- Bring your own hand sanitiser with you and use it as required.
- Use your hand sanitiser before and after opening any of the gate or cabin locks.
- Only open the storage cabin to take out the safety flags and Covid warning signs. Do not use the cabin as a gathering area.
- The welfare cabin will remain locked.
- As far as possible avoid handling anyone else’s aircraft or equipment. If you have to, use your hand sanitiser before and after.
- If any member shows any symptoms of having the Coronavirus do not attend the flying site (check the government website).
The club Google calendar is open for anyone to view. If anyone is concerned about their proper name being visible for anyone to see on the calendar, I will use your initials or an alias name. Please let me know which you would prefer, if you do not want your proper name to be used.